FLOAT FLYING AT IT'S BEST
PROMOTIONAL VIDEO ON OUR UPOMING LANDING EVENT.
RULES FOR FLOAT PLANE PROFICIENCY CHECK
Trout Lake Airbase
June 18, 2016 Time : 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Each participant will be required to carry out two landings. If a go around (low approach) is required due to traffic, an additional circuit may be completed.
- The touchdown spot will be the line between the two spherical floating buoys.
- Participants will be ranked incrementally closest to farthest from one to the number of participants. The lowest combined score wins the overall competition and special mentions will go to the closest landing on the first and second landings.
- Only touchdowns considered to be reasonably good landings will be scored and intentional “driving” the aircraft over the lake to get a good score may be disqualified. Good airmanship is of the essence.
- Landings will be videotaped for your later viewing pleasure and to assist the judges with their ranking.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
Safety must take precedence at all time. Good luck and happy safe flying!.
Final results and trophy presentations will be at the COPA Flight 23 dinner on Saturday evening
To participate simply email Tom Fraser, firstname.lastname@example.org
AIRCRAFT LANDING APPLICATION Year - 2016 TEMAGAMI AREA PROVINCIAL PARK (S)
Anyone interested in applying for a permit to land in the Temagami Area Provincial Park (S), Send me an e-mail and I will forward a copy of the application. Please let me know the registration and type of aircraft you would be using. Go the the top of the page, click on CONTACT US, find Tom Fraser, Webmaster, send me your request and I will get it out to you right away.
EARLS LAKE AND AIRSTRIP MATTAWA
Welcome to the new Float Flying Section of C.O.P.A. Flight 23 Web Page.
This picture proves that you don't need a BIG house, BIG car or a BIG...wallet to attract pretty girls. Just a float plane.
Please forward any Float Flying news to your Webmaster, Tom Fraser. Use the Contact us section at top of page.