WHEEL LANDINGS AT IT'S BEST
RESCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY JUNE 18TH, 10:30 AT THE JACK GARLAND AIRPORT, MAXIMUM NORTH HANGAR
RULES FOR SHORT FIELD "SPOT" LANDING PROFICIENCY EVENT
Each participant will be required to fly three solo circuits and carry out three landings
- First 2 landings to be touch and go with the 3rd landing a full stop
- If a go around (low approach) is required due to traffic, an additional circuit may be done
- the touchdown target ( the “SPOT”) will be determined according to the runway in use on the day of the event. The Spot will be approximately 1000 feet in from the approach end of the runway.
- any touchdown prior to the SPOT will be dubbed a short landing and awarded an automatic penalty of 500 points
- A touch down on any part of the SPOT will be assessed as a “bulls eye” and rate of zero score
- A touch down after the SPOT will be assessed a score of the distance calculated to be from the centre of the numbers i.e. landing 250 feet past the numbers will be scored as 250 points
- Only touchdowns considered to be reasonably good landings will be scored and intentional driving the aircraft on the runway to get a good score may be disqualified and awarded an automatic penalty of 500 points
- Each pilot will achieve his score by adding the total of the scoring for his 3 landings. I.E. 1st landing 300’ long, 2nd landing on the SPOT “0”, 3rd landing 450’long for a total score count of 750’.
- pilots will be scored on their aircraft’s final touchdown point, (so try not to bounce your aircraft)
- the lowest score wins
- Judges will have access to video review of landings to confirm measurements…
-all judges’ decisions are final.
Safety is all important and must take precedence over all else.
Good luck !!! and happy safe flying.
Final results and trophy presentations will be at the TROUT LAKE AIRBASE AFTER THE FLOAT PLANE EXERCISE
SOUTH RIVER AIRPORT
Wheel Flying at it's best. Send me your wheel flying experiences or storeis and I will post in this section.